搜尋此網誌

2018年10月1日星期一

Become genuinely interested in other people

You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.

People are not interested in you. They are not interested in me. They are interested in themselves.

When you see a group photograph that you are in, whose picture do you look for first?

If we merely try to impress people and get people interested in us, we will never have many true, sincere friends. Friends, real friends, are not made that way.

If the author doesn't like people, people won't like his or her stories.

If we want to make friends, let's put ourselves out to do things for other people--things that require time, energy, unselfishness and thoughtfulness (深思熟慮).

Many companies train their telephone operators to greet all callers in a tone of voice that radiates interest and enthusiasm. The caller feels the company is concerned about them.

Publilius Syrus remarked,"We are interested in others when they are interested in us."

Martin Ginsberg said,"It was Thanksgiving Day and I was ten years old. I was in a welfare ward of a city hospital and was scheduled to undergo  major orthopedic (整形外科的/骨科) surgery the next day...My father was dead; my mother and I lived alone in a small apartment and we were on welfare. My mother was unable to visit me that day...A young student nurse heard my sobbing (啜泣) and came over to me. She took the covers off my face and started wiping my tears. She told me how lonely she was, having to work that day and not being able to be with her family. She asked me whether I would have dinner with her...She talked to me and tried to calm my fears..."


Carnegie, D.D. (1981). How to Win Friends & Influence People (Revised Ed.) New York, NY: Pocket Books.

沒有留言:

發佈留言